Friday 23 March 2007

Why I couldn't afford a glass of wine

Moose's Fatfighters data for Friday 23rd March for Moose:
Basic allowance: 3,000 cals
Exercise: 270 cals
Total allowance: 3,270 cals (for zero weight loss)
Target: 1,470 cals (for 2st weight loss in 9 weeks)
Actual: 1,600 cals
Balance: (130) cals

1,200 calories is so hard....I have to find a way of exercising every day to buy myself some calories.
Extreme gardening?
Hoovering at a sprint?
Negotiating with Mrs Moose for me to go to the gym when the mooselets are in bed?
Training the mooselets to be my caddy?
Get up early and go for a run?

There are actually loads of ways I could do it. I'm going away to drink water and think about which one (or more) I'm going to go with tomorrow.

It's important to have an appropriate strategy for every single day of the week. Not every day is the same and we shouldn't treat them the same. If we try to apply our weekday strategy on a Sunday we are setting ourselves up for a tough day. However, if you have a specific Saturday strategy that works with your Saturday schedule, you are so much more likely to stick to it and find it easier.
Don't be afraid of having a strategy - it's not rocket science but simply a case of being prepared for what might be thrown at you and thinking ahead about how you would cope.

My strategy for the weekend is to head for the fruit bowl every time I'm hungry. I'm going to forget about formal mealtimes completely. We normally have fish and chips on a Saturday night - I've yet to work out what to do, but I think probably eat the fish, a very few chips and then do loads of peas to go with it. Yogurt and dried fruit will be my other stand-by's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moose,

Sounds good! I used to get weighed at WW on Saturday mornings, so Saturday was my 'blow out' day to eat and drink whatever I wanted. When I moved and joined a new group, on Tuesday night, it was a shock and I had to re-think my 'strategy'. Will take on your words of wisdom and apply them to my own efforts.

Keep up the good work!!!

Anonymous said...

Good morning!

You are doing a fantastic job, Moose! Keep it up! At least you have strategies to give yourself extra for treats!

Hope you all have a great day. I need to get my skates on and get clothes ironed for the day, the lass up (why does she sleep in on the only day I can't!?), and get showered.

We are meeting a group of folk from 'tinternet in Cromerty at 12.15pm. I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it! This is the group, just incase you don't ever hear from me again, you know who has us!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/scottishmeetup/

Will try and blog later, but if not I'll be back tomorrow.

Huggles, Susan

Anonymous said...

Good morning Moose and good morning all.

wow Moose - you are doing well. I feel ashamed about my intake of kilojoules yesterday - I can't even claim that my words of confession on your blog last night were written in a state of alcohol-induced hyperbole, as I was drinking de-caff tea!!

Sammie - thank you : ). That made me laugh about rushing round the day before they get back. That is JUST what I have been like in the past. I have these grand plans to redecorate the whole house - move it a little to the left even. Then the night before they are due to arrive home I am scurrying around trying to get their sheets dry in an effort to make their rooms smell as fresh as a daisy to compensate for the lack of refurbishment!!

Susan s - have a lovely time my friend. We will know where to find you : )

Off to Reading today and then, well, you-know-what later on, this afternoon. NO, not THAT.....football : )

laters

Anonymous said...

Just had to get another thought in!

MfR - We bought a camper van a few years ago. my dream was to take a week out and find somewhere beautiful to fully concentrate on my writing on my own! The van never got fixed and I never got there!

So sorry I missed the chat, wit and vino yesterday!

Love ya all!!