Saturday 12 April 2008

...and relax....

Apologies for the long absence. Life suddenly got hectic.
So much has happened, where to start...

I was made interim Finance Director, then I was made permanent Finance Director.
Had a few weekends in Germany.
Company has been taken to court by an egomaniac.
So much work to do I don't know where to start.
Starting to make an impression on people, I think. My team are e-mailing me over the weekend, so they got the strong hints about needing to work the weekend becasue there's so much to do, without me having to actually tell them to work the weekend...always better that way!
If I could just get the month end results completed and presented in somewhat the way I want them and a Profit Forecast done that vaguely resembles what might happen in the rest of the year, all by Tuesday morning, I'll be happy!!!

Seriously though, I already love the industry and the management team are mostly already good friends...makes a huge difference, especially when battling a common enemy in court. (We won by the way...yeehaa!). I'm on an ex-pat contract with the expectation of being out there for 18 to 24 months. But nothing is forever and you never know what the future brings. For the moment I'm challenged way outside my comfort zone - thought my German was quite good until I had to write an Affa Davit in German!!!. In fact, I thought my German was quite good until I had to deal with the German legal system, full stop!
The good thing about the job is that I'm senior enough to have REAL influence, which was lacking at the big T...by the way, did you see the story of the Scouse woman applying for planning permission to have the big boss's house demolished? Crackin' cheese, Gromit!

My biggest challenge at the moment is taking control of my own diary and my own time. When I do it works well. It's a funny feeling to just tell everyone what's changing and then for them all to turn up in my office at the right times!

I'll have to remember not to let the power go to my antlers!!!

I have to do a fitness test on Tuesday that I'm going to fail really badly...that should bring me back down to earth with a moose sized bump. Let me know if you feel any tremors at about 6.30am...

Greetings to everyone...I should be getting an internet connection in my flat very soon. Not that I spend a lot of time there at the moment - I'm either in the office or being wined and dined! And with work the way it is I can't promise to blog again soon, but I will, as ever, do my very best...

Macht's gut!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Moose
I can't seem to get the blogger p word to work.. so Tonight...Moose, I will be .................anonymous...

Spooky... I have just come back from a delicious holiday in Tenerife, turned on the puter...looked at my 91 e mails ( junk - I'm not popular at all)
I look in on you...and you've just posted..spooksville arizona.
I have been surrounded by German families for the past 2 weeks at a Riu apart hotel in costa adeje - Tenerife... what nice people they are..not sunbed reserving, not hogging the jaccuzzi ( or jacuzzy, if you read the sign) very pleasant indeed...the only problem was that the children, who were very smiley wanted to play with child, and in the beginning it was all very awkward... but they did what children do and gestured and showed and smiled and stuff... so it got resoved..happy child..less stress for parents. And can't they dance.???!!!..the mini disco was packed ( mostly with parents wanting to do the maccarana, ooo chici wa wa song, Der Flugg ( train??) So break a leg, and have a good financial 18 months or so with them ( weekends and all) You will be able to say mein bein ist gebrocken.....which is frankly the most useless ( and only) phrase I know apart from Mark ist ein gut varter.. which causes great hilarity in our house cos it is true in both senses!
Hello all. I'm written out and have to do MEGA washing.. oh well.
Hope you are all cheerful..will be back soon

Love
Caroline x

lyndyloo said...

Hooray the Moose lives!

Sounds like you had a lovely holibobs Caroline (or should that be anon?)

Celebrated big Bro's 50th birthday at the weekend with the 1st BBQ of the season. The sun stayed out for us all afternoon and my neice got very pink down one arm (not from sitting too close to the BBQ either!) All that after a jouney though rain, hail, wind etc etc the Gods must have taken kindly on him.

I hope everyone out there in blogland is doing nicely and I'm sure we'll all be wishing Moose every success in his new finance role... don't do numbers meself tha knows...

Luv
Lyndyloo
& Booboo
-x-x-

Anonymous said...

Hey Moose, or should that be Guten tag Herr Moose now as you have an important role - Finance Director eh? Good on you! So now it's my friend Herr Moose, Finance Direktor!, Life Coach and Author - your introductions get ever longer!

Saw the story about the lady from Liverpool - hats off to her - apparently from people I know in those parts he has only just finished building his mansion. Isn't it good when someone takes the initiative to have a go at the big boys. Bet its the best £265 she has ever spent and I, for one, wish her well. What a worry it must be though thinking you will lose your home to make way for whatever some bigshot property developer has in mind. Shocking!

Caroline - what I would give for 2 weeks in the sun, sounds like you had a fab time - welcome home!

Lyndyloo - sun and pink arms this weekend - you were lucky although we did have a small amount of sun we also had huge amounts of rain and hail. Yuk! When will the Summer or at least the warm spring weather get to us! Seriously though it sounds like the BBQ celebrations were a blast and hopefully it has helped to raise your family's spirits after the sad times you have been going through.

Dancerjen - well done on the promotion in your job and isn't it great to have a caring boss, mine is too and it makes work a lot less stressful.

TTFN, have a good afternoon everyone.

Amanda x

Anonymous said...

Amanda,

Many thanks for kindly pointing out to me that I am an eejit! I would have continued to post on Moose's previous blog until Christmas! (Don't know what happened, Moose is saved on my Favourites, but the new blog didn't appear). Hey Ho!

Moose - really good to hear from you: your life sounds really full and exciting at the moment. Enjoy it all!

Hope everyone is ok - I'm heading off now to take my "daft old goat" medication!

C xx

Anonymous said...

As I can't put this on the Evans Blog I thought I'd dump it here!

Our PC G's,
had an op on his knees
He can't use the Bog
But checks out the blog
To find a P.S. from the CLP's

G.W.S Ginge

DD out

Anonymous said...

DD - what a nice wee tribute to Gingembre!

Aye, there's not too many people singled out by CLP - I'm thinking in particular of Keith - he dedicated a whole show to Keith, and quite right too!

C xx

Anonymous said...

hey chaps

new blog on CLP

INSTANT!

Fabby

caro-cazzer

Anonymous said...

Only me!

Have a good weekend everyone - hope we can all get together next week. Yes, next door is transformed, but I like it here too!

C xx

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.