Tuesday 16 January 2007

Due to popular demand...

I couldn't leave Anna's request unanswered, now could I? btw Anna - Happy Birthday to 'im indoors. Although thinking about that, the impact of that is probably similar to trying to explain the OAMC...
"Darling, Moose says Happy Birthday to you."
"Thanks. Who's Moose?"
"Just this guy from the blog. He's really funny."
"Uh huh"
"No it's nothing like that really. We just chat and swap recipes, celebrate our successes and divulge the intimate trials and tribulations of our lives, that's all."
"I see. Have you been corresponding with him for long?"
"About a month or two. Why?"
"Do you do it with anyone else?"
"Oh yes, there's loads of them. There's Joseph McCrumble and Dissing Dave and BigUn."
"Just guys then?"
"Oh no, there's Hazel and Mary and Gaby and Jo and JoJo and Jax and...."
"I give up!"

Celebration of the union. I've sort of already said this on "the other blog" this morning, but anyway...

Don't you think the contrast between the virtual world and the real world is quite funny and revealing sometimes.
Take all this debate about whether we should be celebrating or dissolving the union of Great Britain. Or is it the Union of the United Kingdom? People are so lax in their accuracy aren't they? Poor old Northern Ireland...they have the tomato dilemma ("Am I a fruit, am I a vegetable?") - "Are we in, are we out? We're in if it's the UK but we're excluded if it's GB. Yet we live in the British Isles...."

Real world: Division, politics, extreme opinions, polarisation.
Virtual world: Support, harmony, strong opinions voiced sensitively, togetherness.

Don't know about you, but I think that the sooner the virtual world takes over, the better.
We just need to work out how to run the currently physical things like the NHS, schools, manufacturing. No problem!
The very issue of Scottishness or Englishness or whatever just seems so irrelevant in the virtual world. Not irrelevant, that's the wrong word. It is "in proportion". We have our nationality and most of the time we know other's too. But it's just not a big point of discussion, we have more important things to talk about.
And long may it last. As it happens, long may the union of the UK or GB or whichever last too.
If it ain't broke...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello :o)

Like you I've not told the other half about the blog thing, I don't think he would 'get it'.

I think it's quite well known that the current NHS isn't being run very well (I work for it so I have inside info!) so what hopes do we have if it becomes a virtual thingy. Money is being thrown at a sinking ship at the moment and they can't even block the gaping holes where it all leaks out - Doomed, we're all Doomed

:o) Jo

PS Where I work they've started charging you for a drink when you attend meetings, 23p a cup (or something like that!) for tea & coffee rising to 29p for hot chocolate - way to keep the morale up!

Moose said...

Jo,
It probably keeps the meetings shorter though...
I prefer the "Stand up" meeting approach. Used to do it in Germany...does wonders in shutting the wafflers up...and I should know, I'm the king...(of the wafflers). Guess that's why I like blogging so much.

Do you think we could rewrite the "I like Truckin'" song to be "I like Bloggin'"??

Anonymous said...

Oooh - a blog song, I like it!
Will have a think to see if there are more songs that can be bloggified, and I claim that word as my own, from my own brain!

:o) Jo

PS if it's employees didn't spend so much time blogging and stuff they might be more productive! Not that I'm complaining

Moose said...

Jo,
I think you may have found the answer to why we are so unproductive in this country...the French and Italians haven't discovered blogging yet! When they do, we'll catch up with them on the productivity statistics.

My blogging exploits didn't appear to have dented my company's performance...maybe I'm not indispensible after all???

Anonymous said...

Maybe we should all start blogging in French, Italian or German so as to reduce productivity rates across Europe, thus making GB/UK/British Isles or whatever look ace in comparison! It's a plan, now wheres that french english dictionary?

:o) Jo

Dogwithnobrain said...

hey Moose,

How goes it.... Jumped over from CLP.

I've spoken to my other half about the blog, but he just thinks I'm mad,but then he always has - I think that was the attraction. I think tho, that he thinks I'm actually talking to myself in various guises.

Ah Well. C'est La Vie.

DWNB

Anonymous said...

I've told the boy. I don't think he really knows what I'm talking about though...I've also told him I'm going to London on Thursday to meet up with a load of people, from the blog, and he reckons it's a good idea...in fact he was quite enthused for me. Methinks he has a plan for a poker night...

Jo, for you honey. Harvey Wallbanger - two different recipes, neither of which is going to make much of a dent in the Galliano for a wee while though.

Pour the vodka and orange juice over ice cubes in a tall tumbler and stir well. Float the galliano on top by pouring it over the back of a teaspoon onto the vodka and orange

2 Shots Vodka
0.5 Shot Galliano
6 Shots Orange Juice

OR

1 measure vodka
4 measures orange juice
1/2 measure Galliano

Perhaps it could be the official drink of the (B)OAMC? We could even start a new trend!

Anonymous said...

A blog song, possibly an official cocktail, we're gonna need a mascot soon...DWNB, how'dya think the Bunnies would like to be dressed up in ginger wigs and glasses?

Jacqui Radford said...

I think I need to go to Bloggers Anonymous or something. I told the ex boyf about the blog but didn't quite divulge the full extent of my addiction. That means I have a problem doesn't it - denial is the first sign :-)
Moose - am still really peeved that I will miss OAMC on Thursday - will you promise to have a drink for me

LOL
J x

Moose said...

Jax - no problem. Harvey Wallbanger or water?
Stupid question!

Jacqui Radford said...

I'll have a Harvey Waterbanger please - hold the water!

Anonymous said...

I actually did tell 'im in doors last night. He thought it was mildly amusing and nothing more. Dont think he's bothered either way really - not sure he really gets it anyway.
gawd bless him.